At 09.02 12/02/2005 -0800, James Berry wrote:

[...]
Here's a list of potential tasks. Not all of them have to happen, and they certainly won't happen if we nobody will sign-up for the tasks:

CALL FOR SIGN UP:

Please respond indicating whether you'll sign up for the work. If there' s something else you want to contribute, please indicate. Help is needed where there is no resource specified, or where there's a question mark.

 (1) Reorganization of public/private includes
 (2) Revisiting/sanity checking of install locations
 (3) Refactoring of x-platform support
    3.a. Initial cut
                James
    3.b. Basic posix support
                James
    3.b. Mac re-port/test
                James
    3.c. Windows re-port/test

As a Windows developer, I can work on this task (Visual C++ 6, Visual .NET 2003, Borland C++ 5.51)

                ?
    3.d. Linux re-port/test (may survive with basic posix...)
                ?

I have some Linux platforms under VMWare (Red Hat 9, Red Hat 7.3) and I can add more, if needed; but I guess Gareth and other can do it better than me, so keep me as a backup.

    3.e. Additional platforms...
                ?

I can test MinGW and Interix (AKA Microsoft Services For Unix).

 (4) A true autoconf-based build infrastructure
            James
            Scott Cantor
            John Snelson
 (5) Add a libcurl based netaccessor?
            James (as time permits)
 (6) DOM 3.0 support?

Well, I started this, so I have to sign up for this ;-)

 (7) XPath???
 (8) XInclude???

(9) Add a ACE-based netaccessor Alby (as time permits)

 (20) Remove deprecated DOM altogether.
 (21) Remove and/or update deprecated enums
 (22) Remove non-thread-safe psvi methods.
 (23) Remove Mac OS Classic support
            James

(24) Remove OS/2 (or update it)
(25) Remove Borland C++ 4, CodeWarrior, VACPP40 and Unsupported from Windows platform

Alberto