James Berry <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Please respond indicating whether you'll sign up for the work. If
> there' s something else you want to contribute, please indicate. Help
> is needed where there is no resource specified, or where there's a
> question mark.

Hi James,

One thing that still hasn't been discussed is how we intend to fold in
scripting language support for Xerces, i.e. having Xerces-P become a
subproject of Xerces-C.

One thing this will affect is using Perl to create a complete test
suite of all public classes/methods. Perl's test harness is a really
good match for this - IMHO... That would mean that there would be a
single unified test harness.

Xerces-P is built by using SWIG to parse the Xerces-C header files and
auto-build a C++ interface file between Xerces-C and Perl.

If scripting language support is merged in, the only burden on
Xerces-C would be to ensure that when the public API is changed
(modification of old methods/classes - addition of new
methods/classes) that SWIG is re-run to create a new output file.

Cheers,
jas.