David Carlisle wrote:

> well that'll be the page size special change as mentioned earlier I > assume.
> what does \usepackage [nosetpagesize]{color} do?

Success :-)  The page reverts to its correct position.  Thank you, David.  But
when you say "that will be the page size special change mentioned earlier", is
that "mentioned earlier in this thread", or elsewhere, and do you have a
message-ID by which I can search for it ?  I am intrigued to know why a package
intended to support colour would want to set page size, though, and wonder from
where it gets its information regarding the intended page size, since by the
time that package {color} is loaded I have set all possible page dimensions to
my intended size (B5, in this case).

** Phil.
--

Philip Taylor