At 23:39 7/26/2003, Rodger Cravens wrote:
>I am needing a catch all account for x-mail, but do not know how to set it
>up. I want this catch all account to get everything that is not slated for
>another "real" account. I guess I must also ask, does the postmaster account
>do this if setup as a mailbox and not a redirect?

As near as I can tell, you are looking for a * alias. You decide what
mailbox you want to receive the "catch all" mail, then set up an alias for
that mailbox of * - that will send all mail that is not addressed to any
valid mailbox to the mailbox you designated.

For example, let's say that your domain is foo.bar, and that you want the
schmoo mailbox to receive "catch all" mail. In this case, you would need to
add a line to the aliases.tab file that looks like this (note that between
all quoted strings is an actual TAB character, not just spaces):

"foo.bar"       "*"     "schmoo"

Note that if you edit the tab file directly (rather than using an
administration tool), you will need to stop xmail before editing it, then
restart it afterwards, as the aliases.tab file is indexed.

Also, the postmaster account does not automatically act as a "catch all"
mailbox, *unless* you assign it the * alias.