If this became widespread, then a lot of ISPs would need to set their =
SMTP
servers to retry a lot more often.  Otherwise, customers would complain
about the email delays.  Also, if it were widespread, spammers would =
simply
double tap each email.  Sending the exact same email twice instead of =
once
would get the spam through the Greylist filter.  And by requiring such, =
we
would only be encouraging more bandwidth wasting.  Greylisting is, at =
best,
only a very short term solution.  As soon as it became popular, it would =
no
longer be useful.

What I would like to have more than anything right now is SMTP-SASL, so =
could fully implement SPF.  Right now, I have no way of opening another =
SMTP
port for only SMTP AUTH connections.  I want to open 587 for SMTP but =
only
SMTP AUTH.  That would do me world more good than Greylisting.