I'm finding that quite a few files in the dnscache are terminated with a
period.
An example is "panda.co.jp."
This seems to be a real non-no in windows. My backup utilities choke on this
and I can't even delete it from windows explorer. I can't even rename it.
I find the only way I can get rid of it is to go to that directory and use
 >del *.*

I looked at these guys MX record and offhand I don't see anything wrong.
This bust be kind of attempt at getting around address filters.  I did have
"*.jp" in spam-address.tab and should have blocked that address anyway. I
changed it to "*.jp." and hopefully this will take care of it. I have run
into it in the past but very isolated and can't remember if it is only a MX
from Japan or not.
Has anyone else run into this and might there be a better way of blocking
this type of thing?

Rich...
www.autotraker.com
AutoTraker Inc.