-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On=
 Behalf Of Davide Libenzi
Sent: 24 April 2008 16:20
To: xmail@xmailserver.org
Subject: [xmail] Re: XMailServer 1.25 Memory Footprint

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008, Vinny Wadding wrote:

> Damn, I was hoping I had missed an option in server.tab. ;-)
>
> I only mentioned the memory usage above to clarify that I didn't look lik=
e =3D
> it I was any leak in XMail itself.  Obviously, this is a new server and a=
t =3D
> the moment only test traffic is running though it before it goes fully li=
ve=3D
> ..  When that happens the memory usage will, no doubt, go up accordingly.
>
> The server it is running on is a Fedora8 X64 Server, with 4gb of memory. =
 I=3D
>  have two perl filters running.   A pre-smtp spf filter and an inbound/ou=
tb=3D
> ound virus scan.

I assume you did verify that it was actually XMail using the memory, and
not the filters (especially the AV one)?

Absolutely... It seemed to make no difference if the filters were running o=
r not.  I tried it both ways around.   Results were the same when submittin=
g mails for that domain - the buffers/cache would immediately start increas=
ing where as the memory that xmail was using did not significantly change.

It ok when submitting mails for any other domain.  Which is why I suspected=
 it might be something to do with this domains setup at the time.

*shrugs*

It was the only thing that seemed to make sense.

Registered in England and Wales. Registration Number: 3472519.
Registered Office: 1 The Green, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1PL, United Kingdom

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged mate=
rial intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are=
 notified that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, co=
pied or distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or at=
tachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful.

If you have received this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immedia=
tely by return e-mail, and delete this message. QSoft Consulting Ltd., its =
subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or =
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, or responsible f=
or any delay in receipt. Any opinions expressed in this message are those o=
f the author only and do not necessarily represent the views of QSoft Consu=
lting Ltd.