Olivier Galibert wrote :

> I've never seen any valid argmuent for dynamic loaded modules.

Binary redistribution would be one, with packaging as a result : People
wanting to use more than one of the various display targets, say the x11
one for some games and the SDL for others, and installing xmame through
packages need to download one huge archive for each binary. It could be
nice to just have plugins for each display target instead. Same for the
sound output, having built in oss but separate esd and alsa plugins for
instance.

I'm not saying it _should_ be done, though, especially since I think the
initial suggestion was more for the games drivers, but it could be helpful
for my rpm packages.

Matthias

--
Matthias Saou                                World Trade Center
-------------                                Edificio Norte 4 Planta