On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 19:42, XulChris wrote:
> Yes, I think they should be consistent.  If they feel so strongly about their
> policies they should go ahead and remove the entire neogeo driver as well as
> any other drivers which are still in use today.

Well, that would certainly be the equivalent of biting one's nose of to
spite their face. When the outcome of an argument is that everyone
loses, only a fool would say they have won a moral victory.

> I also think, however, that removing the driver won't benefit neogeo or
> playmore to any extent whatsoever and basically won't change anything except
> make a lot more people question MAME policies.

Agreed. someone would just collect the neogeo drivers as a diff, and
release another patch to re-implement the drivers back in. but it's
starting to sound like you're trying to win that moral victory I
mentioned above.

> Who knows, I could be wrong.  Perhaps MAME has a huge impact on the arcade
> business and the removal of the neogeo driver will bring 30 more years of
> neogeo games.  I'm sure the warez kiddies are all looking forward to kof2030!

I actually believe that if more companies embraced MAME the way capcom
did (or maybe even more so), everyone would flourish.