> > The files specifically were good-1-arm64-lzma2-1.xz and
> > good-1-arm64-lzma2-2.xz and good-1-riscv-lzma2-1.xz and
> > good-1-riscv-lzma2-2.xz. These did seem to work fine when I tried
> > with xz, but not with xz-java. Do you think there might be a fix
> > available for this soon?
>

> XZ for Java 1.9 doesn't have ARM64 or RISC-V filter. The master branch
> has ARM64 filter. RISC-V filter will likely be there this week.
>
> The XZ for Java development is becoming active again but it may still
> take a while until the next stable release is out. A few other things
> are waiting in the queue from the past three years.

Ah, I see. Thank you for the answer. Do you have a timeline of when the changes
are expected?

I started to use xz, and was able to decompress the files without issue.
Messing around with xz and xz-java, I noticed a few other things though.

First, xz-java seems much slower. I tested compressing and decompressing a ~1.2
gigabyte file, and xz-java took 17m32.345s compared to xz's 7m7.615s to
compress. Decompressing was 0m21.760s to 0m6.223s. Is there anything that can
be done to improve the speed of the Java version, or is c just a much more
efficient programming language?

Also, I noticed that the results of compressing the files were different sizes.
They both worked, so I don't know if it's an issue, but it does seem strange.
The xz-java one was slightly smaller than the xz one.

Thanks again for the help.

--
Dennis Ens