On 2024-03-07 Lasse Collin wrote:
> On 2024-03-05 Dennis Ens wrote:
> > > I hope 1.10 could be done in a month or two but I don't want to
> > > make any promises or serious predictions. Historically those
> > > haven't been accurate at all.
> >
> > I'll hope it's on the sooner side then.

1.10 is getting closer to being ready. I'd like to fix this-escape
warnings still as those are a sign of design errors. More info here:

    https://github.com/tukaani-project/xz-java/pull/18

I also created a branch rc_dec_speed but didn't create a PR for it. It
speeds up decompression on x86-64 with OpenJDK 22 roughly 4 %. I'm not
sure if it should be included in 1.10 in some form. If there is
interest, let's create a separate thread for it, or I can create a PR if
that is preferred.

So now you and other people with Java knowledge can easily help because
especially the PR #18 doesn't need much knowledge of the project
internals. Thanks!

I currently don't know what I should post to xz-devel and what to
GitHub. Many public communication channels makes things hard to follow.

--
Lasse Collin