Daniel Kulp wrote:

Neither of those two support i18n capabilities in the logger. Thus, you would need to i18n the log messages ahead of time. One of the nice things about JDK logging is that they can be created with the resource bundles that contain the i18n messages.

I'm not sure this is really desirable. I need to be able to at least control the locale of the generated output. I don't see how j.u.l allows that, it seems to always use the default locale.

I work for an independent software vendor, and our applications are installed globally. To support our products we need their logfiles in a language that our developers understand (i.e. english or german). Receiving logfiles that contain error messages in Czech, Thai, Norwegian, etc. is not a viable option for us.

Regards,
Lars