Steve,

I would love it if someone were to clarify the commonalities and the
subtle differences among Zen, Advaita Vedanta, Kashmir Shaivism,
Dzogchen and Mahamudra.

Thanks, ED

Zen: Descriptions of qualities of kensho-satori:

o   Byodo muni no chie: the wisdom of realizing absolute nondual reality

o   Ten other qualities

Source: page 360 of "Zen-Brain Reflections" by James Austin

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3Aadvaita+vedanta&btnG=Searc\
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3Aadvaita+vedanta&btnG=Sear\
ch>

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define%3Akashmir+shaivism