Good for you.

I don't care about what others have in mind whenever they are being kind. I do 
know that I'm not selfless when I'm being kind although I never ask for 
anything in return.

It's easy to be happy when all the boddhisatvas are around. I wanna be in peace 
whether it is boddhisatvas or devils or demons that surround me. 

Still a long way to go.

Siska
-----Original Message-----
From: ChrisAustinLane <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 06:08:59 
To: [email protected]<[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]<[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle

Wow, that is really different from my experience. I am constantly living in a 
sea of kind action. Food is shared, cars yield, smiles are smiled, sesshins are 
planned, children are taught, people send emails with interesting conversations 
for me to enjoy. I can scarcely go ten feet without running into another marvel.

In Three Pillar's of Zen, someone says: when you begin to tread upon the Buddha 
path, ten thousand boddhisattvas spring up to help you. 

That has totally been my daily life. 

Someone may wish to argue that I can't peak into the heads of all these helpful 
folks and see what thoughts they has during their action, but how are their 
thoughts any more essential than my thoughts?  Such a judgmental question would 
cause me to miss so much good food and moments, I will please skip it.

Thanks,
Chris Austin-Lane
Sent from a cell phone

On Sep 13, 2011, at 5:20, [email protected] wrote:

> Hi Mayka,
> 
> I agree there are people who serve 'selflessly' for the benefit of people. 
> 'Selfless' here is in the sense where the actions are not performed for the 
> benefit of oneself but others, and nothing is expected in return from people 
> who receive the kindness. I believe this is what you are saying. And again, I 
> agree.
> 
> On the other hand, unless it is an action of an enlightened person (or in 
> Zen's words perhaps of Buddha Mind), then there is still 'self' or 'ego' 
> behind these 'selfless' acts. Most people still do an act of kindness with a 
> purpose, for example, to see others happy. What happen if others are not 
> happy? What happen if the conditions of people being helped is not improved?
> 
> This is not to say that there is absolutely no one, on this earth, who do 
> kindness just for the sake of doing it, just like eating when hungry and 
> sleeping when sleepy, without identifying the kindness as something more 
> special than the act of eating and sleeping. There may be. I just have not 
> met any.
> 
> Siska
> ------Original Message------
> From: Maria Lopez
> Sender: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> ReplyTo: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle
> Sent: Sep 11, 2011 15:53
> 
>   Siska: They may be a tiny minority left in the world but still there are 
> people who do things for the wellbeing of life and other human fellows for 
> nothing.  It's empathy what leads this minority to act in that way.  There 
> also culutres consider as an undevelop that they also do things for the sake 
> of doing it.   And there is not a catch when they do that.  On the other side 
> of the spectrum and Living in that "develop" societies that seem to go crazy 
> in the worst way of destructive madness for all what is simple and beautiful 
> and giving as a result  selfish self-centered individuals doesn't mean that 
> everyone is on that boat.  Mayka    --- On Sun, 11/9/11, [email protected] 
> <[email protected]> wrote: From: [email protected] <[email protected]> 
> Subject: Re: [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle To: 
> [email protected] Date: Sunday, 11 September, 2011, 4:27   Hi Mayka, 
> > A high percentage of English people met,  they tended to be very friendly 
> only when they're not in their own land or also when they want something from 
> you.  Don't we all? Each of us is selfish being. It's only the extend we 
> apply it in our actions that is a little different. Unless we're enlightened. 
> Siska From: Maria Lopez <[email protected]> Sender: 
> [email protected] Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 15:07:04 +0100 (BST) To: 
> <[email protected]> ReplyTo: [email protected] Subject: Re: 
> [Zen] Fwd: Re: [Zen Living] Supreme Vehicle   Billl: If someone from the all 
> over the world students studying in England hear you about this "friendly 
> people" may give you a good slap in the face to help see reality in England.  
> American people are very helpful and friendly, that is a true statement.  
> But, THE ENGLISH LIVING IN ENGLAND?.   I don't think so!!. A high percentage 
> of English people met,  they tended to be very friendly only when they're not 
> in their own land or also when they want something from you. . Mayka       
> --- On Fri, 9/9/11, Bill! <[email protected]> wrote: From: Bill! 
> <[email protected]> Subje
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
> reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 

Reply via email to