And as I age I am getting much faster at immediately recycling or giving
away stuff I don't need right away.  I could hold onto it for years and
years and use it in ten years, but I can also just find someone that can
make it useful right away.

Joko Beck writes a story of how some roommate of hers kept stuff in case
she needed it again, and how she, Joko, gave away stuff relentlessly, and
how constantly both of them couldn't find stuff they needed - the roommate
because it was covered up by other saved stuff, and Joko because she'd
gotten rid of it.  She was able to just laugh it off as part of life, using
it as an example of how there's not some perfect person we are trying to
become, but rather we are trying to live comfortably with who we actually
are.

@Edgar: how will you keep your useful stuff if society collapses, if other
people with guns/crowds of fanatical believers, want your useful stuff?

Thanks,

--Chris
ch...@austin-lane.net
+1-301-270-6524