edgar..yes you bet we are a throw away society///makes me ill..such
waste...merle

Merle,

Interesting, I tend to save things I am unlikely to need because I might need
them someday, especially if/when society collapses. To some extent that's
practical, to some extent perhaps attachment.

On the other hand there have been a number of cases I found a use for some of
that stuff, actually on a fairly regular basis. One can also consider it as an
alternative to our throw away consumerist society where most people always have
to spend their money on something new even when something old will do quite
well.

I think the important point here between practicality and attachment is what
happens if one (or many) of those items is lost. If there is emotional
suffering then it was an attachment, if not it wasn't...

Edgar