Merle,

As to the remarks concerning me...

I am both visiting my wife's son and his family and my investments.  I have 
staked he and his wife to a rubber plantation, an adjacent plot of farm land 
and a computer (gaming) store.  I have given them the money interest-free but 
do expect (hope, want them to commit to) it to be paid back some day.

So...that was your purpose of asking me to view that video!  You wanted me to 
comment on it vis-a-vis are recent discussion regarding my disappointment in 
the Dalai Lama (NOT my 'hatred' for him or the Tibetan people - I NEVER SAID 
THAT).  In that case I will go back and view the entire video, all 10 minutes, 
and then return comments to you on how I think it relates to the Dalai Lama.

Also, I have read 2 chapters in THE ISLAND.  The first chapter was a yawner but 
the second chapter showed just a hint of something interesting - but not much 
yet.

...Bill!

--- In [email protected], Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@...> wrote:
>
>  joe it is good to hear you enjoyed sleep with the new pillows...they look 
> fine!
> happiness is a good night's sleep!
> 
>  i must think twice.
> bill!..he wrote he was going on a holiday to see relatives then he says he 
> was doing investments..did he lie?
> and him and his NOW...or is it meow! and virtual " hatred of tibetans and 
> their spiritual leader ..D.M. and their Quest for freedom from chinese 
> oppressors
>  where is he at?
>  then the there is edgar...reality reality reality is his mantra
>  you the cheeky one:..practise practise practise
>  KG with his finger on the pulse...that this morning i read the pulse is 
> missing..where is his finger? we will not go there!
> 
> hanging in...perhaps
> 
>  hanging upside down sideways maybe
> probably hanging around
>  sniffing sorting and occasionally vomiting
>  how about you?
>  merle
> 
> 
>   
> Merle,
> 
> Dunno; I think that, sometimes, even if a person is moved by a conversation, 
> or post, sometimes... it may sometimes not be obvious at first, or there may 
> even be a semblance of evidence to the contrary.  I think it's a normal human 
> reaction not to spill one's guts.  And sometimes, the more resounding the 
> impact internally, the less it resounds externally, at that same instant.  
> But bear in mind that the communication will have its effect PRACTICALLY.  
> That is, I mean, if you are out to change somebody.  Changing somebody (!) is 
> a hugely dicey business, though, the diciest.  You can imagine all the 
> pitfalls and the moral complications and implications; I won't make a list.
> 
> So, you are hanging-in!  Good.  It's a relief.  But I hope you didn't mean, 
> then, that you were "finished" talking with Bill!(!).  Maybe so, and I hope 
> not, but I'm pretty sure you'll both continue reading each others' posts.  
> Even if not always opening enclosed links.  ;-)
> 
> I must say it takes a good sales-job to get ME to open a link, too.
> 
> Speaking of which, these new pillows gave me a great sleep, and I like them. 
> Thanks for asking!   They are still brand new, and they have a high "loft", 
> so that, when the head rests on one of them, the side edges of the pillow 
> tend to bend upwards and cover the ears, if you lie on your back.  This is 
> not too disconcerting, nor is it a defect, but it's different from the 
> "behavior" of my old, worn out, flat, dead, pancake, pillow that I just 
> retired.  The amount of loft in these newbies will naturally diminish with 
> use and with time, and I think I'll like these pillows even better as I catch 
> Z's into the future.
> 
> The softness and loftiness of the pillows makes them not well suited as 
> "props", however.  Not good for propping between the bed and the wall, or bed 
> and headboard, to support you while reading, or doing crosswords, etc.  They 
> scrunch down to "nothing".  I take it that they are strictly for sleeping, 
> and not for waking activities.  ;-)
> 
> Their filling behaves quite a bit like "down" (Goose down) in that way.
> 
> Care to look at a pic of them and a (commercial...) description? (link to 
> Amazon.com site in USA, to product-page of the pillows):
> 
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RGXNM4/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i02
> 
> So, you're keeping the mitt and the bats?
> 
> --Joe
> 
> > Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@> wrote:
> >
> > cousin joe.,,
> > .good morning to you...how were those pillows?
> [snip]
>




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to