*** BIG ERROR *** Correct the end of that second sentence to read "I can assure you I will NOT..." ...Bill!
--- In [email protected], "Bill!" <BillSmart@...> wrote: > > Merle, > > As I said I did watch the video and even took notes. I probably now have > over an hour invested in this response and can assure you I will expend this > effort again unless you are more specific in your questions or requests of me. > > I am prepared to comment but I want to show you why I first wanted you to > tell me what your point was - why you wanted me to watch the video and what > specifically did you want me to comment on. > > My notes show at least the following topics that might have been of interest > to you: > - monks involved in 'uprising' against Chinese rule > - news of monk's involvement being suppressed > - monks are protesting using self-immolation > - monks that self-immolate are mostly young > - China blames the Dalai Lama and says he is not discouraging and is actually > encouraging self-immolation > - Tibetan Prime Minister discourages immolation but blames China > - Tibetan PM wants a 'more open and liberal' Tibet > - Most Tibetan areas are 'No-GO' zones for foreign journalists > - Australian journalist defied Chinese law and went anyway, were challenged > several times and finally kicked-out > - The Tibetan monasteries are said to be the keeper of Tibetan traditions and > culture > - A monk said he thought the monks that self-immolated did so because they > were 'unsettled in their hearts' > - Some cities have large garrisons of Chinese troops that patrol the streets > - Tibetan woman blames Chinese Communist Party for deaths and wants freedom > of speech > - There are also reports of monk 'spies' in the employ of the Chinese > government > - Tibetans are very poor with no chance of improvement > > This is why I don't feel I can 'just watch this and comment', because the > scope is way too large. I need a smaller scope on which to focus. I've > ASSUMED that scope is how the Dalai Lama is associated to this video which > highlights the self-immolation: > > IMO... > > - The Dalai Lama is negligent in his duties as spiritual leader of his people > if he is not actively discouraging self-immolation for any reason. > - He is also negligent for not attending to his monks that are said to be > 'unsettled in their hearts'. That's exactly what their religion is supposed > to address. > - He is also negligent in not advising his monks that their role in their > country's culture is to provide spiritual succor to their congregation, not > to lobby for political action. > > I want to again point out that I really don't know why you think this is an > appropriate or interesting topic on a forum dedicated to zen. > > ...Bill! > > --- In [email protected], "Bill!" <BillSmart@> wrote: > > > > Merle, > > > > Okay, I watched the first 30 seconds of this 10 minute video and believe > > I've got the gist of it. > > > > So, what's your point? Why did you want me to watch this? > > > > ...Bill! > > > > --- In [email protected], Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@> wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > Â did you watch it BILL!..MERLE > > > > > > > > > Â > > > Merle, > > > > > > Yes! ...Bill! > > > > > > --- In [email protected], Merle Lester <merlewiitpom@> wrote: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > for Bill! > > > > Â this is happening NOW! > > > > Â merle > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2012/s3607238.htm > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > "for one moment our lives met > > > > our souls touched" > > > > oscar wilde > > > > > > > > > > ------------------------------------ Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: [email protected] [email protected] <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [email protected] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
