<br/>Bill!,<br/><br/>I think the first thing that I have to make clear is that 
I'm not talking about 'Buddhism'. I'm following the Buddha Dharma and let's not 
forget that the last words of Buddha were to investigate for yourself his 
teachings. I'm not following dogma, but the things I've experienced as truth by 
my own efforts. <br/><br/>I'm not sure if you've read Joe's post regarding 
concepts not "being out there", but I thought he explained it quite well. You 
seem so one-sided in your personal philosophy of life. Almost like a kind of 
stubborn pride in rejecting the wisdom of those who've walked the same path 
we're travelling. Of course concepts are used to explain that which  dissolves 
"into emptiness" in the Now. But to deny them and dismiss them as mumbo-jumbo 
seems so, well.. Edgar. They *are* Laws by the very definition of the word. 
Your own personal happiness or suffering can be measured against it quite 
accurately. Check for yourself!<br/><br/>I
 agree with you about the 3 sticks analogy. But it came with the paragraph so I 
included it. It paints too linear a picture of cause and effect. Buddha never 
painted such a linear picture of It. Indra's Net is a much better example of 
cause and effect - for a start there'd be no Net without it! One condition 
might not cause another condition; several conditions might not cause a 
particular effect; more than likely several conditions cause several effects. 
But no matter what - to deny it (cause and effect) is to miss the liberation 
from it (that old fox again!).<br/><br/>Mike<br/><br/><br/>Sent from Yahoo! 
Mail for iPhone

Reply via email to