Stephen Usher wrote:
> Brian H. Nelson:
>
> I'm sure it would be interesting for those on the list if you could
> outline the gotchas so that the rest of us don't have to re-invent the
> wheel... or at least not fall down the pitfalls.

I believe I ran into one or both of these bugs:

6429996 zvols don't reserve enough space for requisite meta data
6430003 record size needs to affect zvol reservation size on RAID-Z

Basically what happened was that the zpool filled to 100% and broke UFS
with 'no space left on device' errors. This was quite strange to sort
out since the UFS zvol had 30GB of free space.

I never got any replies to my request for more info and/or workarounds
for the above bugs. My workaround and recommendation is to leave a
'healthy' amount of un-allocated space in the zpool. I don't know what a
good level for 'healthy' is. Currently I've left about 1% (2GB) on a
200GB raid-z pool.

-Brian