[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>         All of these threads to this point have not answered the needs in
> anyway close to an solution that user quotas allow.

I thought I did answer that... for some definition of "answer"...

 >>          The main gap for .edu sites is quotas which will likely be solved
 >> some other way in the long run...  Meanwhile, pile on
 >>     http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6501037

Or, if you're so inclined,
        http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/

The point being that it either isn't a high priority for the ZFS team, there
are other solutions to the problem (which may not require changes to ZFS),
or you can fix it on your own.  You can impact any or all of these things.
  -- richard