Guanghui Wang wrote:
> I dont know when will U5 or U6 coming,so i just set zfs_nocacheflush=1 to
> /etc/system,and the performance will speed up like zil_disable=1,and that's
> more safe for the filesystem.
>
> the separate zlog feature is  not in U4,the nfs performance on zfs will be
> too slow when you do not set zfs_nochacheflush=1 in your /etc/system file.

Yeah, on one of my systems, I was able to set the zfs_nocacheflush=1,
but the other machine that's suffering isn't patched up enough to use
it.  I have to schedule down time to patch it up.

I don't have hard numbers yet, but the seat of the pants impression is
that stopping cache flushes has helped.  On our SAN array's, I thought
the settings I choose would have had them ignore cache flushing, but
apparently not.  Thanks everyone for the help.  I still look forward to
using fast SSD for the ZIL when it comes to Solaris 10 U? as a preferred
method.

Jon

--

-     _____/     _____/      /           - Jonathan Loran -           -
-    /          /           /                IT Manager               -