> However, I'm also unhappy about having to wait for S10U6 for the separate
> ZIL and/or cache features of ZFS.  The lack of NV ZIL on our new Thumper
> makes it painfully slow over NFS for the large number of file create/delete
> type of workload.

I did a bit of testing on this (because I'm in the same boat) and was able to
work around it by breaking my filesystem up into lots of individual zfs
filesystems. Although the performance of each one isn't great, as long as your
load is threaded and distributed across filesystems, it should balance out.

Steve Hillman
Simon Fraser University