Are you already running with zfs_nocacheflush=1?   We have SAN arrays with dual
battery-backed controllers for the cache, so we definitely have this set on all
our production systems.  It makes a big difference for us.

As I said before I don't see the catastrophe in disabling ZIL though.

We actually run our production Cyrus mail servers using failover servers so our
downtime is typically just the small interval to switch active & idle nodes
anyhow.  We did this mainly for patching purposes.

But we toyed with the idea of running OpenSolaris on them, then just upgrading
the idle node to new OpenSolaris image every month using Jumpstart and
switching to it.  Anything goes wrong switch back to the other node.

What we ended up doing, for political reasons, was putting the squeeze on our
Sun reps and getting a 10u4 kernel spin patch with... what did they call it?
Oh yeah "a big wad of ZFS fixes".  So this ends up being a hug PITA because for
the next 6 months to a year we are tied to getting any kernel patches through
this other channel rather than the usual way.   But it does work for us, so
there you are.

Give my choice I'd go with OpenSolaris but that's a hard sell for datacenter
management types.  I think it's no big deal in a production shop with good
JumpStart and CFengine setups, where any host should be rebuildable from
scratch in a matter of hours.  Good luck.