> No, we're not using the zfs_nocacheflush=1, but our
> SAN array's are set
> to cache all writebacks, so it shouldn't be needed.
>  I may test this, if
> get the chance to reboot one of the servers, but
>  I'll bet the storage
> rrays' are working correctly.

Bzzzt, wrong.

Read up on a few threads about this variable.  The ZFS flush command used
equates to "flush to rust" for most any array.  What this works out to, is your
array is not using it's NV for what it's supposed to.  You get a little data in
the NV but it's tagged with this command that requires the NV to finish it's
job and report back data is on disk, before proceeding.   Hopefully at some
point the array people and the ZFS people will have a meeting of the minds on
this issue of having the array report to the OS "yes I have battery-back SAFE
NV" and it will all just automagically work.  Until then, we set the variable
in /etc/system.