Le 1 mars 08 à 22:14, Bill Shannon a écrit :

> Jonathan Edwards wrote:
>>
>> On Mar 1, 2008, at 3:41 AM, Bill Shannon wrote:
>>> Running just plain "iosnoop" shows accesses to lots of files, but
>>> none
>>> on my zfs disk.  Using "iosnoop -d c1t1d0" or "iosnoop -m
>>> /export/home/shannon"
>>> shows nothing at all.  I tried /usr/demo/dtrace/iosnoop.d too, still
>>> nothing.
>>
>> hi Bill
>>
>> this came up sometime last year .. io:::start won't work since ZFS
>> doesn't call bdev_strategy() directly .. you'll want to use something
>> more like zfs_read:entry, zfs_write:entry and zfs_putpage or
>> zfs_getpage
>> for mmap'd ZFS files

Ed:
That's not entirely accurate. I believe ZFS does lead to bdev_strategy
being called and io:::start
will fire for ZFS I/Os. The problem is that a ZFS I/O can be servicing
a number of ZFS operations on a
number of different files (which is a great performance enabler).
Given that we can't map an I/O to a file,
iosnoop does not report the file info.

> Ah ha!  Maybe someone should report this to the right people and get
> the
> dtrace toolkit and dtrace demo programs fixed?

Bill
Did the dtrace cmd I sent you gave any hints ?

-r