On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 2:24 PM, Volker A. Brandt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I've got a couple of identical old sparc boxes running nv90 - one
>> on ufs, the other zfs. Everything else is the same. (SunBlade
>> 150 with 1G of RAM, if you want specifics.)
>
> Exactly the same here, though with different hardware (Netra T1 200
> with 1 GB RAM and 2x 36 GB SCSI).  If you put the UFS on top of
> an SVM mirror the difference is less noticeable but still there.

I never thought I'd say this, but 1GB of memory is pretty low-end.
(Heck, even my laptop has more than that!) I'm not suggesting that you
upgrade, but it could explain things a little.

How much of the memory is in use, and how much of that is used by the ARC cache?

-B

--
Brandon High [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The good is the enemy of the best." - Nietzsche