On February 10, 2009 1:14:57 PM -0800 "D. Eckert" <cont...@desystems.cc> wrote:

I hope I've made myself very clear.

Very.  Rarely has the adage "what one says reveals more about the
speaker than the subject" been more evident.

And as more postings we have to read in the sound of yours as more we are
thinking to raise a court trail against Sun just to stop that
american arrogance and to withhold technologies and methods to recover
a filesystem.

Comments like this are especially laughable (and revealing).

In spite of your arrogant tone (perhaps amplified by translation,
but still clearly present), many here have tried to be helpful.
However you have already made your decision and aren't listening.

The validity (or not) of your problem is overshadowed by the presentation.
Are you sure D Eckert isn't a pseudonym for Al Viro?

From your original post:

after working for 1 month with ZFS on 2 external USB drives I have
experienced, that the all new zfs filesystem is the most unreliable FS I
have ever seen.

To the contrary, after working with ZFS for a few years (since it has
been publicly available), I have found that it is the most reliable FS
ever known.  Well, who am I anyway.  Just my 0.02.

Of course it has some warts -- all complex software does -- and you
have revealed a big one.  But you would choose to throw the baby
out with the bathwater.

The problem you have experienced is mitigated in the real world by
the fact that data you actually care about requires replication.

-frank