Can you recreate the problem with a second pool on a second set of drives, like I described in my earlier post? Right now it seems like your problem is mostly due to the missing log device. I'm wondering if that missing log device is what messed up the initial move to the other controller, or if the other controller did something to the disks when it saw them.

Jan Hellevik wrote:
I don't think that is the problem (but I am not sure). It seems like te problem
is that the ZIL is missing. It is there, but not recognized.

I used fdisk to create a 4GB partition of a SSD, and then added it to the pool
with the command 'zpool add vault log /dev/dsk/c10d0p1'.

When I try to import the pool is says the log is missing. When I try to add the
log to the pool it says there is no such pool (since it isn't imported yet).
Catch22? :-)