----- "Jan Hellevik" <opensola...@janhellevik.com> skrev:

> I don't think that is the problem (but I am not sure). It seems like
> te problem is that the ZIL is missing. It is there, but not
> recognized.
>
> I used fdisk to create a 4GB partition of a SSD, and then added it to
> the pool with the command 'zpool add vault log /dev/dsk/c10d0p1'.
>
> When I try to import the pool is says the log is missing. When I try
> to add the log to the pool it says there is no such pool (since it
> isn't imported yet). Catch22? :-)

Which version of opensolaris/zpool is this? There was a problem with earlier
osol (up to snv_129 or so, don't remember) that they failed to import a pool if
the zil was missing - you effectually lost the whole pool. This was fixed in
later (development) versions of opensolaris. I have still seen some reports
addressing problems with this in later versions, but I don't have the links
handy - google for it :)

Best regards

roy
--