----- "Richard Elling" <richard.ell...@gmail.com> skrev:

> On May 15, 2010, at 2:53 AM, Jan Hellevik wrote:
>
> > I don't think that is the problem (but I am not sure). It seems like
> te problem is that the ZIL is missing. It is there, but not
> recognized.
> >
> > I used fdisk to create a 4GB partition of a SSD, and then added it
> to the pool with the command 'zpool add vault log /dev/dsk/c10d0p1'.
>
> Ah, this is critical information! By default, ZFS import does not
> look for fdisk partitions.  Hence, your log device is not found.
> Since the pool is exported, there is no entry in /etc/zfs/zpool.cache
> to give ZFS a hint to look at the fdisk partition.

Will ZFS look for all these devices in case of failure?

r...@urd:~$ zpool status
  pool: dpool
 state: ONLINE
 scrub: scrub completed after 63h23m with 0 errors on Tue May  4 08:23:58 2010
config:

        NAME         STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        dpool        ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz2-0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t2d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t3d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t4d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t5d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t6d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c7t7d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t0d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz2-1   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t1d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t2d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t3d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t4d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t5d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t6d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c8t7d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
          raidz2-2   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c9t0d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c9t1d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c9t2d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c9t3d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c9t4d0   ONLINE       0     0     0  52K repaired
            c9t5d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
            c9t6d0   ONLINE       0     0     0
        logs
          mirror-3   ONLINE       0     0     0