On Tue, 8 Jun 2010, Miles Nordin wrote:

"re" == Richard Elling <richard.ell...@gmail.com> writes:

   re> Please don't confuse Ethernet with IP.

okay, but I'm not.  seriously, if you'll look into it.

Did you misread where I said FC can exert back-pressure?  I was
contrasting with Ethernet.

You're really confused, though I'm sure you're going to deny it.

I don't think so. I think that it is time to reset and reboot yourself on the technology curve. FC semantics have been ported onto ethernet. This is not your grandmother's ethernet but it is capable of supporting both FCoE and normal IP traffic. The FCoE gets per-stream QOS similar to what you are used to from Fibre Channel. Quite naturally, you get to pay a lot more for the new equipment and you have the opportunity to discard the equipment you bought already.

Richard is not out in the weeds although there are probably plenty of weeds growing at the ranch.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn