David asked me what I meant by "filled up". If you make the unwise decision to
use an SSD as your ZIL, at some point days to weeks after you install it, all
of the pages will be allocated and you will suddenly find the device to be
slower than a conventional disk drive. This is due to the way SSDs work. A
great write up about how this works is here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2738/8

The industry work around for this issue is called TRIM and AFAIK the current
implementation of TRIM in Solaris does not work for ZIL devices, only for pool
devices. If it does, then SSDs would not be a bad option, but the DDRdrive is
so much better I wouldn't waste the time. If you don't believe me, try it and
post your benchmarks for hour one, day one and week one. ;)