> From: Richard Elling [mailto:richard.ell...@gmail.com]
>
> There is no direct correlation between the number of blocks and resilver
> time.

Incorrect.

Although there are possibly some cases where you could be bandwidth limited,
it's certainly not true in general.

If Richard were correct, then a resilver would never take longer than
resilvering an entire disk (including unused space) sequentially.  The time
to resilver an entire disk sequentially is easily calculated, if you know
the sustained sequential speed of the disk and size of the disk.  In my
case, I have a 1TB mirror, where each disk can sustain 1Gbit/sec.  Which
means according to Richard, my max resilver time would be 133min.  In
reality, my system resilvered in 12 hours while otherwise idle.  This can
only be explained one way:  As Erik says, the order in which my disks
resilvered is not disk ordered.  My disks resilver time was random access
time limited.  Not bandwidth limited.