Op 09-05-11 14:36, Edward Ned Harvey schreef:
>> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
>> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Edward Ned Harvey
>>
>> So now I'll change meta_max and
>> see if it helps...
>
> Oh, know what?  Nevermind.
> I just looked at the source, and it seems arc_meta_max is just a gauge for
> you to use, so you can know what's the highest arc_meta_used has ever
> reached.  So the most useful thing for you to do would be to set this to 0
> to reset the counter.  And then you can start watching it over time.

Ok good to know - but that confuses me even more since in my previous
post my arc_meta_used was bigger than my arc_meta_limit (by about 50%)
and now wince I doubled _limit, _used only shrunk by a couple megs.

I'd really like to find some way to tell this machine "CACHE MORE
METADATA, DAMNIT!" :-)

--
No part of this copyright message may be reproduced, read or seen,
dead or alive or by any means, including but not limited to telepathy