Op 09-05-11 15:42, Edward Ned Harvey schreef:
>> > in my previous
>> > post my arc_meta_used was bigger than my arc_meta_limit (by about 50%)
> I have the same thing.  But as I sit here and run more and more extensive
> tests on it ... it seems like arc_meta_limit is sort of a soft limit.  Or it
> only checks periodically or something like that.  Because although I
> sometimes see size > limit, and I definitely see max > limit ...  When I do
> bigger and bigger more intensive stuff, the size never grows much more than
> limit.  It always gets knocked back down within a few seconds...

What I really can't wrap my head around is how arc_meta_used can
possibly be bigger than the arcsize. Yet on my system right now there's
about 15 MB difference between the two.

Also, arcsize is only about 1800M right now and since there is a
parameter set that is called arc_no_grow I presume it'll remain that
way. Do you think it's possible to
- force it to "off" again
- set a higher minimum limit?

The latter can probably be done in /etc/system, but on a live system?

--
No part of this copyright message may be reproduced, read or seen,
dead or alive or by any means, including but not limited to telepathy