> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of Frank Van Damme
>
> in my previous
> post my arc_meta_used was bigger than my arc_meta_limit (by about 50%)

I have the same thing.  But as I sit here and run more and more extensive
tests on it ... it seems like arc_meta_limit is sort of a soft limit.  Or it
only checks periodically or something like that.  Because although I
sometimes see size > limit, and I definitely see max > limit ...  When I do
bigger and bigger more intensive stuff, the size never grows much more than
limit.  It always gets knocked back down within a few seconds...