> From: zfs-discuss-boun...@opensolaris.org [mailto:zfs-discuss-
> boun...@opensolaris.org] On Behalf Of darkblue
>
> Why would you want your root pool to be on the SSD? Do you expect an
> extremely high I/O rate for the OS disks? Also, not a good idea for
> performance to partition the disks as you suggest.
>
>  because the solaris os occuppied the whole 1TB disk is a waste
>  and the RAM is only 24G, does this could handle such big cache(160G)?

Putting rpool on the SSD is a waste.  Instead of partitioning the SSD into
cache & rpool, why not parttiion the 1TB HDD into something like 100G for
rpool, and the rest for the main data pool?  It makes sense if you're using
mirrors instead of raidz.  (I definitely recommend using mirrors instead of
raidz for your system running VM's)