John W. Redelfs wrote:
---
The idea that he made all the laws included those by which he progressed
to become a God is a Protestant idea.  It is akin to creating something
from nothing, which of course is impossible even for God.
---

One of the problems we encounter in discussing such ideas is the inertia
of a massive Catholic and Protestant lexicon, which intrudes everywhere
with false ideas and distortions of the truth.  The "omni" words are
overburdened in this sense, and it would probably simplify things if we
just abandoned them and coined our own "ideosyncratic" terms with our
own unique definitions.

Joseph Smith's teachings clearly indicate that our spirits were
coeternal with God, from before the beginning of time, but that God
instituted the laws in the premortal world which constitute for us the
plan of salvation.  These are the natural laws to which I make
reference.

"God himself," the Prophet says, "finding he was in the midst of spirits
and glory, because he was more intelligent, saw proper to institute laws
whereby the rest could have a privilege to advance like himself. The
relationship we have with God places us in a situation to advance in
knowledge. He has power to institute laws to instruct the weaker
intelligences, that they may be exalted with himself, so that they might
have one glory upon another, and all that knowledge, powers, glory, and
intelligence, which is requisite in order to save them in the world of
spirits." (Teachings, p. 354.)

Thus the plan of salvation (of redemption, and of exaltation) comprises
all of the laws, ordinances, principles, and doctrines by conformity to
which the spirit offspring of God have power to progress to the high
state of exaltation enjoyed by the Father.
 (Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, 2d ed. [Salt Lake City: Bookcraft,
1966], 575.)

He comprehendeth all things, and all things are before him, and all
things are round about him; and he is above all things, and in all
things, and is through all things, and is round about all things; and
all things are by him, and of him, even God, forever and ever.

And again, verily I say unto you, he hath given a law unto all things,
by which they move in their times and their seasons;(D&C 88:41-42)

---
Mij Ebaboc