Hi Brian, all,

sorry for responding late, but the family deserves more time these days...

Brian Coale schrieb:
Ok, don't hate me for this,
no - never ;-)

but am I the only one who's noticed that the
OOo3 splash screen, web buttons, and other materials using that same
theme are strikingly similar to Equal's (the sugar substitute) packaging
and identity?

As we can't buy Equal in Austria and Germany, I for one didn't know about the similarity.

Consider this:

http://briancoale.com/stuff/Equal-OOo3.png

If you compare the images directly, you see the differences - and I don't think there is any chance to change Equal's branding ...

But I don't want to change our own branding without a really good reason because many people recognize OOo by it's graphical representation. If we want/wanted to avoid this resemblance, we should have done it before this splash screen become official - or we should change it when OOo branding is reconsidered/reworked from the basis with the new branding project.

In fact, from my POV it's a positive result of OOo branding, if you think of OOo when you see Equal's advertisements. :-)

Thanks for letting us know!

Best regards

Bernhard