On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 19:22:17 -0600, Mark A. Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[About the Noachides]

> >>I actually think it makes alot of sense as a way of reading the Bible.<<

Mark:
> As I said before, I think that almost all perspectives, at least the ones
> with any longevity, have an internal logic. A continuing dialectic between
> adherents, as historically grounded beings, and a paradigm, or assumptive
> framework, tends to maintain this internal consistency.

Gilberto:
Sure. But among the various world-views which are on the market place
there are a collection of them whose assumptions strike me as more
plausible and whose logic I have a less troublesome time in following.
And given my background, I find it surprising and interesting that it
makes as much sense to me as it does.

> >>When you say "Hebrew Christian" is that a very specific movement you have
> >>in mind or is that more of a catch-all for the many churches who to varying
> >>degrees believe in the continuing validity of the Jewish Law?<<

> There are many different Hebrew Christian movements. I am talking about
> those, such as the Assemblies of Yahweh (Bethel, Pennsylvania), which are not
> connected with mainline Protestant evangelicalism. (In other words, not
> groups like "Jews for Jesus.") Many of them are anti-Trinitarian (But not
> Monarchian or Arian), annihilationist (accepting the doctrine of conditional
> immortality, i.e., that unbelievers will be instantly *consumed* in hellfire,
> not go to an eternal punishment), and they believe in soul sleep.

Yeah, I actually find groups like that pretty interesting. There are
several interesting variations too..the Ethiopian Orthodox Chuch (I
gather) has more of a "Jewish" emphasis than some other groups. So do
the Hebrew Israelites and Rastafarians. Then at the another end you
have Anglo-Israelite groups too which can get kind of scary.