In

http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist/m43030.html

My brother Gilberto writes:

**"Dear Khazeh, when I read passages like the above, they generally make

me think of my individual death. If they referred mainly to

world-historical eschatological events then it is only meaningful to a

portion of people. Plenty of people will miss the coming of the Mahdi.

Plenty of people will miss the second coming of Jesus. Plenty of

people will miss the Beast, and the sun rising in the west, and the

Dajjal. But everyone who was born will die. And that's certainly an

appointment that everyone will make, and no one will speed up or slow

down."**

http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist/m43030.html

My dear brother Gilberto writes:

1]Plenty of people will miss the coming of the Mahdi.

2]Plenty of people will miss the second coming of Jesus.

3]Plenty of people will miss the Beast,4] and the sun rising in the west, and the 5]

Dajjal.

Again with reverence, affection, and courtesy this servant would submit that

1] The Mahdi is a reference a beautiful reference to the Advent of the Bab.

2] The Second Coming of Jesus in [Sunni Parlance] again refers to the Advent of Baha’u’llah.

3] the Beast [the Daabbah of Islamic H.adith ] refers amongst other things to the Rampant rise of materialism and secularism

4] The Sun rising from Its West [i.e Its MAGHRIB the Place where It set aforetime] refers to the Coming of the Bab from the Family of the Prophet from the descendents of the Imam H.usayn where that same Sun of Prophethood and Imamate which set previously in the year 260 AH with the passing away of the Imam H.asan ‘al-‘Askari.

5] and as for the Dajjaal [the Deceiver] the Prophet also said ‘ulamaa us suu’ Dajaajilatul qawm’ the wicked divines are the dajjaals of My people.

Each of the above assertions is validated by enquiry, pure hearted, open minded enquiry and time. This servant would only beg you to pursue these assertions by reading and starting by reading the Book of Certitude and the Jawaahirul Asraar [the Gem of Mysteries].

Thou canst indeed hear … the people voice the same objections in this day, saying: "The sun hath not risen from the West, nor hath the Crier cried out betwixt earth and heaven. Water hath not inundated certain lands; the Dajjál[17] hath not appeared; Sufyání[18] hath not arisen; nor hath the Temple been witnessed in the sun." I heard, with Mine own ears one of their divines proclaim: "Should all these signs come to pass and the long-awaited Qá'im appear, and should He ordain, with respect to even our secondary laws, aught beyond that which hath been revealed in the Qur'án, we would assuredly charge Him with imposture, put Him to death, and refuse forever to acknowledge Him", and other statements such as these deniers make. And all this, when the Day of Resurrection hath been ushered in, and the Trumpet hath been sounded, and all the denizens of earth and heaven have been gathered together, and the Balance hath

[page 20]

been appointed, and the Bridge hath been laid, and the Verses have been sent down, and the Sun hath shone forth, and the stars have been blotted out, and the souls have been raised to life, and the breath of the Spirit hath blown, and the angels have been arrayed in ranks, and Paradise hath been brought to nigh, and Hell made to blaze! These things have all come to pass, and yet to this day not a single one of these people hath recognized them!

      Veiled as they remain within their own selves, the generality of the people have failed to perceive the sweet accents of holiness, inhale the fragrance of mercy, or seek guidance, as bidden by God, from those who are the custodians of the Scriptures. He proclaimeth, and his word, verily, is the truth: "Ask ye, therefore, of them that have the custody of the Scriptures, if ye know it not."[19] Nay rather, they have turned aside from them and followed instead the Sámirí[20] of their own idle fancies…

http://bahai-library.com/writings/bahaullah/gems.html#fnB16

Then I have found Dr Chris Buck’s book very helpful.

http://bahai-library.com/books/symbol.secret/

SYMBOL AND SECRET:
QUR'AN COMMENTARY IN BAHÁ'U'LLÁH'S KITÁB-I ÍQÁN

By
CHRISTOPHER BUCK