On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 16:11:57 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In a message dated 1/1/2005 2:04:00 PM Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> And in fact, it is a
> mainstream theological claim the the physical universe doesn't have
> any staying power of its own and that moment to moment to moment, God
> is constantly recreating everything over and over again

Scott:
> This is expressed many times by Baha`u'llah. But I fail to see where this is
> an argument against the coming of the Manifestations since they are the
> purpose for the continuity of Creation.

Gilberto:
The point isn't that it is an argument against more manifestations (or
more precisely the non-finality of prophethood.). The point is that it
is another way to understand the Quranic statements which suggest the
word(s) of God never end. (i.e. God's creative word keeps being
spoken, the world is constantly recreated).