Kevin,

An article was posted on eham.net last year that my interest you.

http://www.eham.net/articles/14023

This describes a simple interface using a small USB hub, a USB sound
card and a USB to serial converter.  This could probably be
disassembled and repackaged into one small box.

Ed
WB6YTE

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Gmail - Home" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Strange question I am sure, but please bare with me.
>
> I like to build a lot of my own gear, allows me to learn new things
along the way, it also saves a heap of money considering the prices
some of the interfaces are costing.
> I have so far been using a soundcard and direct connection to my TS-
480S/AT, with a small interface.
> Now I want to go a little further and build a slightly better one,
but I want to build one with a usb connection so it makes a quick
changeover.
> I have looked through Google with little success, so I am asking
does anyone know where one could find information on building a USB
sound w/interface?