Demetre SV1UY wrote:

>  Hmm OK,
>
>  I hope this anti SCS thing is not going to end to being an
>  anti-European thing Roger. I get that feeling somehow, since SCS is
>  not an American company.

My dear fellow, I once owned an SCS PTC-II.  Very few American hams ever
bought one--they never sold well here.  Does that sound like the act of
an "anti-European?"  Please, let us keep the argument at a professional
level and not resort to ad hominem attacks of this low nature.

>  Also anyone can class your claims againstt Winlink and PACTOR as pure
>  propaganda.

A purely meaningless statement, my friend.  I have simply pointed out,
as have others, that Winlink and Pactor stations do not listen before
transmitting, unlike essentially the entire rest of the amateur
community.  Since the Winlink/Pactor people acknowledge the truth of
this point, I would hardly call it "propaganda."  Now, your
characterization of this as "The Great Global Amateur Communications
System" or something like that might be rightfully characterized as
propaganda by some.

But not by me, Demetre, not by me.

de Roger W6VZV