From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Simon Brown
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 4:18 AM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: Licensing of Pactor modes

Dave,

I don't agree about Windows real-time scheduling problems - correct use of
priority (SetThreadPriority) and CPU cycle counting
(QueryPerformanceCounter) results in a level of accuracy more than adequate
for our needs.

Do you know about the Pactor 3 copyright issue? I believe that it is
protected but cannot find any proof about this. If the documentation about
the protocol is insufficient then this adds fuel to the anti-Pactor 3
argument.

This is for a very serious IARU presentation which aims to ensure that all
modes which can be used on our bands are properly documented and can be
developed royalty-free for use in the amateur bands.

Simon Brown, HB9DRV