--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "John Becker, WØJAB" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>John, do you really characterize the innovation that's been driving
the development of new digital modes as "madness"? Do you really
think that the explosion of soundcard digital mode users is "the
problem".

No I don't Dave.
But I do feel that some have come to hate such modes as pactor from
just what they have read and not seeing what it really is.

>>>My experience is that those ops who express a distaste for Pactor
do so because they've been QRM'd by a Pactor signal. They incorrectly
blame the protocol rather than the operator. Incorrect as this may
be, the more Pactor is misused, the more it will be criticized.

You as a programmer  has done a lot for the ham radio. Just to bad
I can't use any of it. All the modes you have built your software
around I don't use. My love is RTTY, Amtor and Pactor as far as
digital. But I do CW and love it. That will leave a lot out of the
picture.

>>>WinWarbler supports soundcard RTTY, John, as well as Amtor,
Pactor, RTTY, and CW via a modem -- not that this is relevant to the
topic at hand.....

But like I side before there seems to be this "non-PSK " and
"anti-wide" thing going.

>>>No, there is not. You frequently make this statement, but without
justification or evidence. The only "anti thing" going on is "anti-
QRM".

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ