For clarification only:

Your statement, John, about DXLab as program suite with Dave as
author is incorrect. I'd suggest you look into the facts before
communicating wrong statements like "All the modes you have built
your software around I don't use" when your next sentences are
informing us that you love RTTY and CW.

Those modes are implemented in WinWarbler which is one part of
DXLab. Together with your SCS PTC you can also use Amtor as well as
Pactor without any problem in WinWarbler(CW, RTTY not only via the
WinWarbler modules but via the SCS PTC as well, if you like,
together with all other modes the SCS PTC allows). You even have a
much better GUI compared to that what is offered on the SCS web
sites. I have looked into all of them and decided not to use them
because of the competetive advantage of DXLab. Please inform me via
direct e-mail if you need some assistance to set up the SCS PTC
properly in DXLab and I will be very glad to help you.

73

Juergen, DL8LE

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "John Becker, WØJAB"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 07:29 PM 1/13/2008, you wrote:
> >
> >John, do you really characterize the innovation that's been
driving the development of new digital modes as "madness"? Do you
really think that the explosion of soundcard digital mode users
is "the problem".

> No I don't Dave.
> But I do feel that some have come to hate such modes as pactor
from
> just what they have read and not seeing what it really is.
>
> Talk about needing a seeing eye dog.
>
> You as a programmer  has done a lot for the ham radio. Just to bad
> I can't use any of it. All the modes you have built your software
around
> I don't use. My love is RTTY, Amtor and Pactor as far as digital.
But