At 07:29 PM 1/13/2008, you wrote:

>John, do you really characterize the innovation that's been driving the
>development of new digital modes as "madness"? Do you really think that the
>explosion of soundcard digital mode users is "the problem".

No I don't Dave.
But I do feel that some have come to hate such modes as pactor from
just what they have read and not seeing what it really is.

Talk about needing a seeing eye dog.

You as a programmer  has done a lot for the ham radio. Just to bad
I can't use any of it. All the modes you have built your software around
I don't use. My love is RTTY, Amtor and Pactor as far as digital. But
I do CW and love it. That will leave a lot out of the picture.

But like I side before there seems to be this "non-PSK " and
"anti-wide" thing going.