That's a totally different class of problem.  Any competent sysadmin with some
time can maintain a CMS based web site (e.g. Wordpress).  The fact that so
many are not competently managed is a function of capability and willingness
to do a little work, not a function of inadequate scale.

Also, following that example, I choose to blog on wordpress.com, specifically
so I don't have to worry about such things, but the blog isn't a core business
function, so that's fine.  Email is more important, so I care more how and
where it gets done.

Scott K